The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visitor Counter digits have disappeared (after 11.36 upgrade?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sneader, Apr 18, 2013.

1. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I just had a customer complain that his visitor counter has an error. Instead of showing a number, it says "Unable to read strip image".

I thought maybe it was his HTML, so I just logged into cPanel and recreated the HTML... but then I found the problem. About 75% of the Visitor Counter digit styles have disappeared! In CGI Center > Counter > Styles there should be a page that displays all the neat counter digit styles available to the user. Out of the 30+ digit styles that are listed, only 5 are working (only the digits labeled A through E are showing up.... F-Z and 1-7 are missing)

When I look in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/share/Counter/digits I can confirm that only A-E are there. I have to assume this took place after the 11.36 upgrade, but maybe it is a coincidence. They are missing from all the servers I checked, or I'd just copy them from another server.

Anybody else seeing this?

I am guessing I can just go Google and find the files somewhere....

FYI, the quick fix was to change this user's counter HTML from dd=W to dd=A (changed the style from W to A)

- Scott

2. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As a side note, it appears the original Counter cgi script only came with a small number of digit styles, and all of THOSE are still on the server. What seems to be missing is the extra digit styles that cPanel used to offer.

- Scott