The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VPS Email Issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by philgittens, Jun 15, 2016.

1. philgittens

philgittens Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I hope someone an help! I have set up a vps for the first time with a magento store running on it. However store confirmation emails are not sending...the vps is vps1.mydomain.co.uk so I have set up a sub domain vps1.mydomain.co.uk and pointed the A records to the vps IP address.

however when logging in to my domain webmail I can see the mail delivery failure email which says this:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[Removed - Contained Real URLs]

Could someone please help me and point me in the right direction how to get these email sending! Thank you in advance!

Phil.

#1 philgittens, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2016
  2. ssfred

ssfred Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

Since the attachment or log entries are stripped from the message. Please paste them after removing the original domain/IP/email ids. Any help can be possible only if the log file entries are available.

3. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :),

It seems that that there is an issues with your domain MX record. You need to point your domain mx record to your VPS so that you will not face any issues with the mails.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I've reviewed the history on the OP and can tell you that you've got to have an actual domain and email address working to use for your magento installation.

Why? You shouldn't need to add a subdomain thats also the hostname of the server.

Once you've got your server properly setup, hostname and all, and created a cPanel account using an actual domain name, and then added an email account for that cPanel user via that cPanel users account, then installed your magento, when you're setting up the configuration for it, you'd use that email address you created on that cPanel account.