The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VPS Failure: Backup Option

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by piyushurbane, Jul 2, 2014.

1. piyushurbane

piyushurbane Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I have been using a VPS for hosting my websites. A few days back the company has suddenly stopped VPS services and all my data got stuck in there.

Just before a few minutes they have given me a temporary login id to take backup of all my data from the server WHM, i was managing it using whm. I have around 3-4 websites hosted in my VPS. I would like to know whether i will be able to get backup of my emails also which i exchanged using webmail of a particular domain.

Also please help me explaining the procedure of taking the backup immediately. I am a beginner level user and this is the first time servers have crashed.

Awaiting a quick response!!

please send in suggestions/procedure of extracting my data out of the present vps.

Regards

Piyush

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    From within your cPanel find the search box and type in, backup. Click the Backup item found in the result.

On Backups page, click the button that says, Download or Generate a Full Website Backup.

You've got options here. If you've already got a new VPS setup you could push the backup, from these settings, to your new VPS by selecting Remote FTP Server in the Backup Destination menu. If not, you might leave it set to Home Directory, and then click Generate Backup.

Once that completes, login to your account via FTP (or File Manager), find the Full Backup in your account, outside of public_html, and download it for safe keeping.