The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VPS IP address error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jetskibiz, Mar 29, 2015.

1. jetskibiz

jetskibiz Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    On my VPS server I have main IP Address and 4 extra IP's. I set up a website onto the shared IP and then moved it to its own IP for SSL and Credit Card processing.
    If you go to IP address the website comes up as it should, If you go to DNS Check tools it comes up as correct website IP with no errors. I used a global DNS check and it shows proper IP address all over the world.
    Here is the problem - Credit card processor requires your ip address to whitelist your server for credit card processing. They have whitelisted the IP address of website. When I try to process a credit card it comes back with error message that IP is not allowed - Not whitelisted. The IP error that comes back is the IP of my main shared account IP (originally installed to) - not the one I moved website to. I have looked in all code and database for reference to old ip and cannot find it anywhere. I took a different script and put it on the root folder and it still comes back with IP error meassage. I think this has to be something on the VPS server - an IP that is in WHM code somewhere. Where do I look ???
    Thanks for any help.

2. LostNerd

LostNerd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Your server has other IP addresses assigned to it however, it will make all outgoing connections from your main IP. Surely that shouldn't be a problem as long as your site is on a dedicated IP and had SSL installed?

Can you not just add your main IP to the whitelist?

3. jetskibiz

jetskibiz Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thanks for the input.
    I whitelisted main IP and that fixed the problem. Did not realize all requests are sent out over main IP address.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator