Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

VPS IP seems blocked by Govt for an account, facing problem for all

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Debraj, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Debraj

Debraj Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, I am new server management. I have a VPS with centOS. I manage it with WHM. I have hosted 50 websites here.
    Few weeks ago one of my hosted website was blocked by a country (Bangladesh) gateway. For this reason all other websites seems unreachable from Bangladesh. I have talked with local ISPs, as the server IP is blocked by GOVT they cant do anything about it.
    How can I handle the situation. Can I change server IP using WHM? What if I change the host name?? Is there any issue with name server??
    Please help.
    Thank you.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

You could contact your hosting provider to see if they can issue a new IP address to your server. Once you have the new IP address, you can review the following thread for information on how to update your server configuration:

Changing the main server IP and sites on server will not load

However, if you are unfamiliar with these configuration files, I recommend reaching out to your provider for help making the network configuration changes.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...