The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VPS memory usage hig

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jin87, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Jin87

Jin87 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    we are just a wordpress site...we have 750 mb ram vps (hostgator level 3 with cpanel).. we get 6k visits/day...we have caching installed too....but our site - link removed - is down half the time due high ram (or sometimes high cpu usage). We dont use many plugins. we are bit lost at the moment that hostgator putting all the blame on index.php and customstyle.php....where else the theme designer says theme is alright and he has never seen anyone had any problem even with shared hosting....

Please help me...

#1 Jin87, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
  2. JayFromEpic

JayFromEpic Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The cause of the high ram usage would need to be investigated at a root level and I would suggest having hostgator investigate this further for you. In most cases that I have seen and from what you have mentioned, it sounds like your php pages are opening up multiple processes which will bog the system down.

I would suggest logging into your VPS's ssh and running: top -d5 and then visit your website and browse around a bit to watch the processes being created as well as the ram usage change. As I said though, a hostgator server admin can surely investigate it further for you.