The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vps Optimized?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragon2611, Jan 12, 2009.

1. dragon2611

dragon2611 Well-Known Member

Switched my server over to running ESXi at the weekend, so now appear to be running the Vps Optimized version of cpanel.

However I'm paying for a full licence at the moment, was looking at the VPS optimised licence.

Although I seem to remember asking this a while back and someone from the cpanel staff saying there's a minimum purchase of 3.

Oddly can't see any clear reference to this on the reseller/partnet site I was probably going to use (would be the same one as I have the current licence with)

2. Voltar

Voltar Well-Known Member

If you're looking into getting VPS licenses it would be cheaper to get them from your datacenter if they offer them, rather than directly from cPanel.

3. Voltar

Voltar Well-Known Member

Really depends on the datacenter. My servers with Softlayer have cPanel/WHM+Fantastico+RVSkins for $25/month, LayeredTech same price without RVSkins. I currently don't have any servers colo, but I used to get cPanel licenses from http://www.instantcpanellicense.com/, and I currently have my RVSkin licenses from them. $15/month for VPS, $38/month dedicated.

4. dragon2611

dragon2611 Well-Known Member

I use one of the other resellers (buycpanel.com) they charge $38 for the cpanel licence or $15 for a VPS. But I think i asked on here when VPS licence's first came out and someone from cpanel said you had to buy 3 as a minimum :confused: which is annoying as I really don't need 3.

DC charge £30 for a licence... so worked out cheaper to get one from buycpanel, Still is although exchange rate isn't as good as it was :(