Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

VPS with NutsMail Skin?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by BobbyDouglas, Oct 6, 2009.

1. BobbyDouglas

BobbyDouglas Active Member

I was looking into adding the nutsmail skin to SquirrelMail.

Part of the instructions (found here http://nutsmail.com/assets/files/installation-instructions-cpanel.pdf) state:

The person trying to install the script, said
    We're running the VPS Optimized version of cPanel. Is there any way around this?

2. muliahosting

muliahosting Member

Are you using XEN VPS? If yes, XEN support ext3 attribute +i (immune). Please free ask your provider for more information.

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Marking files as immutable is not recommended. There are better ways to preserve modifications to the webmail clients. Please read the documentation in /usr/local/cpanel/src/3rdparty/gpl/README-squirrelmail for information on performing this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BobbyDouglas

- After speaking with the admins some more, I think it is available, but maybe just not recommended.

- That is what they said too. I'll read up on the docs and see what I can find.

Right now, we were able to install Sqmail on a separate domain. Then we can redirect domains.com/webmail to the new domain.

Do you see any problems going this route?

5. BobbyDouglas

I looked over the readme, it looks like it may be possible to add a theme, however, with NutsMail, there are a bunch of plugins that are also installed.

Assuming you have nothing against the way I mentioned previously, I think we'll stick with that. Let me know what you think.