The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walkthrough from DNS to Addon Domain pls

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by deltakid, Oct 12, 2005.

1. deltakid

deltakid Registered

Hi,
    I can work with whm and cpanel and understand each single step but my problem is that i dont know in which order i have to do them.
    I bought a new domain (example.com), now I want to add these domains to a new account I have created in whm.
    My goal is to access a seperate cpanel for example.com/cpanel/ and that a certain folder on the example.com domain is shown when I enter example.com in my browser.

1. I create a new account

2. I change the nameservers where I registered the domains to the nameservers where I am hosted.

3. I add a dns zone for the new domain

ok now im not sure anymore and the support team of my host doesnt want to tell me all the steps they just say they do it for me which makes no sense because I want to do it on my own
    I would be really happy if someone could help me with that.

2. pshepperd

pshepperd Well-Known Member

Really not sure what you want, can you clarify?

You say you want a separate cpanel but your talking about addon domains, addondomains dont have separate cpanels.

I think you just need to add your domains as addondomains in /cpanel, you cant have separate control panels for addon domains, only for accounts.

If you were a reseller you could set it up so that each domain has its own account.

3. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    If you want to have a different Cpanel for your domain and as you say you have access to WHM then this is the way it goes :

>> Login into your WHM
    >> Click MAIN >> ACCOUNTS FUNCTIONS >> CREATE NEW ACCOUNT
    >> Add the fields as per you need and click CREATE
    >> Change the DNS at your registrar.... THATS ALL

Once the DNS is propagated you will be able to access example.com/cpanel or else you can try https://IP_address:2083