SOLVED warn [autodiscover] User file '/var/cpanel/users/nobody' is empty or non-existent

ashok_iw

Oct 4, 2016
Hyderabad, AP
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello Support,

After I upgraded to latest WHM - I started to see the below errors in apache error logs

Please advise what this error means? How to fix? Thank You!

[2017-03-28 02:16:27 -0600] warn [autodiscover] User file '/var/cpanel/users/nobody' is empty or non-existent. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Config/LoadCpUserFile.pm line 293.
Cpanel::Config::LoadCpUserFile::_load("nobody", undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Config/LoadCpUserFile.pm line 193
Cpanel::Config::LoadCpUserFile::load("nobody") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Config/LoadCpUserFile.pm line 392
Cpanel::Config::LoadCpUserFile::loadcpuserfile("nobody") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AcctUtils/DomainOwner/Tiny.pm line 113
Cpanel::AcctUtils::DomainOwner::Tiny::_getdomainowner("domain.tld", HASH(0x19ca580)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AcctUtils/DomainOwner/Tiny.pm line 49
Cpanel::AcctUtils::DomainOwner::Tiny::getdomainowner("domain.tld", HASH(0x19ca580)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Domain/Mail.pm line 23
Cpanel::Domain::Mail::mail_subdomain_exists("domain.tld") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SSL/Domain.pm line 252
Cpanel::SSL::Domain::_find_best_match_for_domain_on_certificate("domain.tld", ARRAY(0x17ba6c8), HASH(0x17b8218)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SSL/Domain.pm line 179

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

It looks like the domain name is incorrectly associated with the "nobody" user. You can run the following command to confirm the domain name is owned by the correct user in the /etc/userdomains file:

Code:
 grep domain.tld /etc/userdomains
If the domain name is associated with the "nobody" user, modify the entry in the /etc/userdomains file so it matches the account username.

For example, if domain.tld is owned by "user123", you'd replace the following entry:

Code:
domain.tld: nobody
With:

Code:
domain.tld: user123
Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

You need to run the "grep" command for the domain name listed in the error logs instead of the nobody user to determine if that's the cause of the problem. EX:

Code:
 grep domain.tld /etc/userdomains
Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature if you'd like us to take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

ashok_iw

Oct 4, 2016
Hyderabad, AP
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Just curious do you have any script which can rebuild domainnames / accounts ?

The domainname which is reported by - Does not exist in my system anymore!
Code:
Cpanel::AcctUtils::DomainOwner::Tiny::_getdomainowner("elitedrywallers.com", HASH(0xede610)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AcctUtils/DomainOwner/Tiny.pm line 49
So is it possible some bad cache or any other pointers you think could help?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Do you notice any entries for the domain name in any of the cPanel configuration files? EX:

Code:
grep domain.tld /var/cpanel/users/*
grep domain.tld /etc/*
Note that we're happy to take a closer look if you'd like to open a support ticket.

Thank you.

ashok_iw

Oct 4, 2016
Hyderabad, AP
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Note: I need to take approval to provide you server access via support ticket.

Meanwhile here is the match found - I think all those <file,v> are old versioned. But, proftpd , userdatadomains.stor & vftp is something which is storing this domain.tld.

Could you please advise how to proceed? Is there anyway to rebuild those 3 files? Thank you!

Code:
[Removed Output - Real Domain Name Provided]

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

I'm happy to see the issue is now addressed. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.