Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping pyzor_options

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by sehh, Jan 4, 2016.

1. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

I noticed that SA produced an error in the logs and manually running "spamassassin --lint" also produces the same error (thus, commands like sa-compile fail to run).

The error is:

Code:
    warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping, in "/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf": pyzor_options --homedir /etc/mail/spamassassin
    warn: lint: 1 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for more information

The offending line seems to be:

Code:
    pyzor_options --homedir /etc/mail/spamassassin # Autoconfigured by cPanel - comment out this line to avoid future updates

Since this is something put there by cPanel itself, I'm reluctant to remove it. This is on a system with latest cPanel, no custom modifications and daily updates enabled.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

*update*

this is weird, since I've got multiple servers with cPanel, I run spamassassin --lint on another one and that has also a broken config but with a different error:

Code:
    warn: rules: failed to run __KAM_SPF_NONE test, skipping:
    warn:  (Can't locate object method "check_for_spf_none" via package "Mail: [...]:SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 1839) line 1449.
    warn: )
    warn: lint: 1 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for more information

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

erm.. this is awkward, so I tried lint on another server and...

Code:
    warn: rules: failed to run __KAM_SPF_NONE test, skipping:
    warn:  (Can't locate object method "check_for_spf_none" via package "Mail: [...]:SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 1839) line 1449.
    warn: )

All of them running cPanel/WHM (stable tier) v11.52.1.3.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Search the forums for simply:
    KAM

I understand that's not a proper answer, but there's been some updates to Apache SpamAssassin discussed at length around here recently that may be of some use to you.