The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping pyzor_options

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sehh, Jan 4, 2016.

1. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

I noticed that SA produced an error in the logs and manually running "spamassassin --lint" also produces the same error (thus, commands like sa-compile fail to run).

The error is:

Code:
    warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping, in "/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf": pyzor_options --homedir /etc/mail/spamassassin
    warn: lint: 1 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for more information

The offending line seems to be:

Code:
    pyzor_options --homedir /etc/mail/spamassassin # Autoconfigured by cPanel - comment out this line to avoid future updates

Since this is something put there by cPanel itself, I'm reluctant to remove it. This is on a system with latest cPanel, no custom modifications and daily updates enabled.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you.

2. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

*update*

this is weird, since I've got multiple servers with cPanel, I run spamassassin --lint on another one and that has also a broken config but with a different error:

Code:
    warn: rules: failed to run __KAM_SPF_NONE test, skipping:
    warn:  (Can't locate object method "check_for_spf_none" via package "Mail: [...]:SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 1839) line 1449.
    warn: )
    warn: lint: 1 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for more information

3. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

erm.. this is awkward, so I tried lint on another server and...

Code:
    warn: rules: failed to run __KAM_SPF_NONE test, skipping:
    warn:  (Can't locate object method "check_for_spf_none" via package "Mail: [...]:SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 1839) line 1449.
    warn: )

All of them running cPanel/WHM (stable tier) v11.52.1.3.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Search the forums for simply:
    KAM

I understand that's not a proper answer, but there's been some updates to Apache SpamAssassin discussed at length around here recently that may be of some use to you.