The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WARN: Glue at parent nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by gundamz, Feb 8, 2004.

1. gundamz

gundamz Well-Known Member

WARNING. The parent servers (ns5.nic.uk.) are not providing glue for all your nameservers. This means that they are supplying the NS records (host.example.com), but not supplying the A records (192.0.2.53), which can cause slightly slower connections, and may cause some incompatibilities with some programs (if the programs are not fully RFC-compliant). This behavior is allowed by the RFCs. This will usually occur if your DNS servers are not in the same TLD as your domain (for example, a DNS server of "ns1.example.co.uk" for the domain "example.com"). In this case, you can speed up the connections slightly by having NS records that are in the same TLD as your domain.

I do not understand the last sentence. Can someone explain to me what does it mean? My client domain is .co.uk while my dns server is .com . I believe that's why. How do i go about rectify this problem?

2. casey

casey Well-Known Member

That is exactly it. If you want to correct this "problem" you will need to register a .co.uk domain and set up nameservers on it. It's really not that big a deal, though. You can't possibly register domains in every tld that your customers might have.

3. gundamz

gundamz Well-Known Member

this is bad. This client is experiencing occasionally connection problem.

4. hm2k

hm2k Well-Known Member

I am also seeing this problem on many cPanel setups...

Visit: http://www.dnsstuff.com/

Use the DNSReport to check your domain...

Some users are getting reports of 'slow' DNS.