The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning about using Easyapache 3

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by 4u123, Oct 16, 2007.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I used easyapache 3 yesterday and upgraded a server to apache 2. Everything went ok and it seems everything is working apart from one thing....

Some addon domains are no longer working!

They dont show up in the customers cpanel and they dont work at all. It sems to be random and currently I have no way of knowing how many are affected. Some addon domains that were there before still seem to be working ok - but only a handful.

The subdomain is left behind. Asking the customer to remove the sub domain and try to addon the domain again does not work. Its going to be a MAJOR hassle to fix this. As it seems I need to do this individually for each addon domain that has gone missing...

1. locate all the missing addon domains - somehow.
    2. /scripts/killds domain
    3. clean them out of all files in /etc/
    4. clean them out of /var/.cpanel/users
    5. remove reference to the domains from the new apache config
    6. try and addon the domains again

Currently I'm just reacting to customers who complain that their addons are missing. I've in the middle of trying to fix one now. I'll let you know if it works.

I would advise you to avoid a very large amount of trouble and hold back from using EA3 right now.

Edit....

Ok tried my first one. I did everything above then added the domain back in the users cpanel

Now, the domain redirects to the subdomain, instead of displaying itself in the browser.

I'm really anoyyed about this.

Edit...

He had a redirect in his htaccess file.

So manually doing all the steps above allows the re-creation of the addon domain. Of course now I have to do this for every customer with an addon domain missing. grrr

#1 4u123, Oct 16, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

The post you referenced is not related to easyapache 3, it just outlines the same steps that I did in mine.

As you will see from my comments above, I know how to fix the problem one domain at a time. From experience of similar issues in the past, I know cpanel dont have any magic way of solving this problem once it has happend. Its just a shame they couldnt find a way of preventing it from happenign in the first place. I'm now very wary of using EA3 on any of more of our servers, apart from new ones.

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator