Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED Warning error is shown too late

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bcadej, Oct 16, 2017.

1. bcadej

bcadej Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When you are creating a New Account in WHM (Home »Account Functions »Create a New Account) first you enter a domain, the WHM automatically fills out next field ‘Username’ and on the right side of the field you get a green tick, that everything is OK.

You fill out all other fields and then press button ‘Create’. After that on a new “web page” you get an error that this user already exists. In first step I’ve got a green tick, after I get an error. When I go back all fields are cleared so I have to do it all over again.

Please fix this. Or check if user exists in the first step or retain all fields when I go back to Create a New Account page.

Thank you.

2. cPWilliamL

cPWilliamL cP Technical Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi bcadej,

We are looking to provide real-time validation in forms in some aspects of WHM; however, at this time, the username validation is simply a syntax check. I think this would make a great feature request and I can see how that may become frustrating on a server with lots of users. Please use the link in my signature below to submit a feature request so our developers see this is a desired feature. Once you've created the feature request, posting the link here may give it some more traction.

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bcadej

bcadej Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  4. cPWilliamL

cPWilliamL cP Technical Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for submitting that @bcadej; I've liked it as well. Hopefully, it will gain some traction here soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...