Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/config/horde.php'

XPerties

Apr 10, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/config/horde.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/:.') in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/Registry.php on line 588

Anyone else get this when clicking on horde link in cpanel?

WHM 8.5.4 cPanel 8.5.4-R7

bear

Sep 24, 2002
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I beleive this is a permissions problem. It is owned by root, but should be owned by cpanel. Log in to root and chown the file or the entire folder.

TCSLEA

Oct 29, 2003
Austin, T E X A S
I just happen to select Horde to try it out this morning, and received the same error message. Only the horde.php file was owned by root. The suggested fix of changing it to be owned by cpanel did the trick.

Thanks for that suggestion!

XPerties

Apr 10, 2003
New Jersey, USA
I know the command to chmod files but how do you chmod entire directory?

XPerties

Apr 10, 2003
New Jersey, USA
nevermind, Seems it was just horde.php also. Suggestion for fix worked. Thank you.

TCSLEA

Oct 29, 2003
Austin, T E X A S
Even better solution (as suggested elsewhere in these forums)

After my initial reply about changing only horde.php, I soon discovered numerous other errors when trying to use Horde. I eventually chown the entire horde directory to solve all Horde problems:

Code:
chown -R cpanel:cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde
Note the syntax of owner:group - I'm using FreeBSD and that's correct for that OS. I've seen others use a period (owner.group) which may be correct for other OS - I don't know.

P

pugleon

My knowledge of linux commands is limited as I am new to it. And did need an option to change permissions on a folder that was locked and working change with cpanel (even though all my cpanel settings and versions are as they should be). And that worked perfectly. Begining to dig freebsd, reminds me of dos in the hay day :p