The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning: SPF cannot be used because this server is not a DNS server for ...

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by DJ XtAzY, Jan 14, 2008.

1. DJ XtAzY

DJ XtAzY Member

Like the title said, I don't really get this message. This is how my server is setup. I have a main server ip 12.34.56.78 and 2 nameserver ips which is in a different block. Hostname for there is abc.mydomain.net and the actual website is mydomain.net, which is hosted on the main server ip.

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The message means cPanel included the SPF record in the Zone file on the local server, but since that server is not authoritative for the domain, the record will not be processed by remote SMTP sessions.

3. protocol

protocol Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I have this message too. The server is not a name server for the domain but is in a cpanel cluster that is authoritative for the domain - so surely this should work?

4. DJ XtAzY

DJ XtAzY Member

Thanks for the reply. This is probably why some clients are not receiving my emails. How do I make this server authoritative? I'm only using one domain for this server.