The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning the DNS MASTER system is depreciated

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by monoblue, Feb 8, 2006.

1. monoblue

monoblue Member

Hi there, I have one problem, I don't know did I setup my host like it need to be, when I try to create some account it show me this:

And yes, account be created but can some1 explain me what I need to do, I enabled clustering, and it still show that message, and also, before 24 hours, I transfered all my accounts from other server, and some of them when I ping them, they have a IP from last server, but some don't, and it is same domain registar, so please can anybody help.

Thanks

2. rustelekom

rustelekom Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

you doing something incorrect. From system error message it seems that you fill master nameservers on you WHM -Basic Setup. It is not needed when you use DNS cluster. And also DNS cluser enable/disable not in this menu. Instead you should use -Cluster/Remote Access

3. 24x7team

24x7team Well-Known Member

If you are having a single server with it's respective nameservers, then this clustering mechanism is not required by you.

But if you have a common server which servers the DNS for all other servers. I mean if you have just two nameservers needed to be spread across all other servers, then clustering is the best idea..

4. monoblue

monoblue Member

Well I just removed the ip, which was in Basic cPanel/WHM setup, and everything is ok, no more errors :D , btw does anyone know how to close some ports, 6666 and etc...

Thanks

5. 24x7team

24x7team Well-Known Member

All the ports are already closed and can be open in IP tables or APF firewall only.

netstat -an | grep :6666

The above will help you if it is listening or not..

6. monoblue

monoblue Member

Well I scanned it with NMAP and here is what i get:
    So I want to close this 6666, but duno how, where is located and how is called the file where I can edit it and close some ports that I don't want ;)

Thanks