Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

WARNING: using a custom IP overrides the setting!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pingo, Nov 28, 2002.

1. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

It is not a problem - accounts works fine when created, but why is this message returned when an account with a dedicated IP is created?

Thanks
    John

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I got the same msg. when I once (accidently) used an IP that had not been assigned to me. I think there is a bug wherein, the IPs shown to a Reseller are &all& IPs allocated to that Server.

That's what was happening to me when I had used WHM as Reseller. Now that I have my own Server (still waiting for IPs though) I am waiting to see how it will work now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

Yes, but it is on my own server.

John