The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WARNING: You logged in with the reseller or root password.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwissBob, Oct 10, 2015.

1. SwissBob

SwissBob Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi Everyone

I know this question has been asked before, by reading through the previous threads but I cannot find the answer in them as I think the layout has changed since the time of those responses.

As a new owner of a reseller package (purely for own use, though), I am working my way through the set-up in WHM. The Root Domain is done and I'm in the process of setting up hosting for another domain.

My problem is that, while I have set a separate password for the (currently, only) Secondary Domain, the cPanel is only accessible using the Root Domain password. This results in the aforementioned Warning in the title of this thread and the Root Domain being selectable in the drop-down menu.

While the domains hosted will all be mine I will be using contractors from time to time to carry out work "inside". I would like to know how this can be achieved without them having access to the Root Domain and / or all the other Secondary Domains hosted in this way.

Can somebody please help? Many thanks, in advance, for all your advice.

2. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You would just give them the cPanel user / password of that account, don't give them access to your cPanel account that has reseller permissions. Or are you saying there are times where they may need to access your reseller account and do not want them to be able to log into other cPanel accounts?

3. SwissBob

SwissBob Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi Jcats - thanks for getting back on this. The secondary account password doesn't work when I try it on the domain, only the root password works!

As and when contractors are "in", they would have access only to the domain they're working on, no other.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

This indicates an issue with the account password. Have you tried changing the account password and logging in via cPanel with the new password?

Thank you.

5. SwissBob

SwissBob Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi Michael - many thanks for your response. Having tried this once before hesitated to do it once again but did.

Fortunately, this time, it worked. :)

Thanks again.

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator