The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was there a DNS Only Update?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by billy79, Aug 19, 2007.

1. billy79

billy79 Active Member

Did something change in DNS Only?

I love the DNS only product and have found it to fit my needs very well. Since it does it's job so well I almost never have a need to login and do anything on the box.

Today I went to log into the web interface and I get a Page 404 error. I log into the server and it is running find but when I try to do service httpd restart I get a "service not recognized error".

It is like Apache just went and left the box.

It is still doing it's job and functioning as a DNS box without a problem at all. I tried a /scripts/sysup and a /scripts/upcp running a force on both but to no avail I still can't access it via the web.

My only thought at this point is that maybe there was some sort of DNS Only update that my system choked on. So I wanted to ask.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any and all ideas on fixing this will be greatly appreciated.

-Billy

2. krisdv

krisdv Well-Known Member

You could try "service cpanel restart"

3. billy79

billy79 Active Member

Thx, I totally overlooked that and was making it much more complex. It worked....sometimes it is the simple things!

-Billy