The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Way Off Topic.... Need Some Advice.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rcthost, Nov 4, 2002.

1. rcthost

rcthost Active Member

If this post is completely unacceptable on this forum because it's way off topic, please delete it.

I was just hoping to get some advice and input from other hosting companies.

My sales dropped dramatically this last week and I don't know if it's the time of the year or my new plans. Has anyone else experienced a drop in sales in the last week?

It must be my new plans, people dont like them I guess.

If anyone has some input of my plans, maybe how I should change them please share, http://www.rcthost.com/plans.htm

Thanks!!!

2. MikeMc

MikeMc Well-Known Member

Hi, actually this is not the appropriate forum for this type of discussion. In any case(and even if I don't know your previous packages) I see one problem with the current : aren't really realistic. People now look for realistic numbers and often prefer to pay more in order to get a reliable service. Those unlimited features(parked domains, mysql, subdomains...) for those low prices like 15.99$/3months for 250MB and 2GB data transfer, for sure make some serious people go away.

Of course this is my opinion...I don't know your services and I haven't heard about your company...and I don't doubt that you offer great hosting.

Regards
    Mike

3. rcthost

rcthost Active Member

Thanks for your input! I would delete this thread but don't see that option.

I appriciate your view. I used to do the unlimited everything bit, but then wised up. I though offering the unlimited features would not turn people off but maybe you are right. I just want to give people enough of everything without capping it. Obviously no one is going to use a billion databases but if I gave them 5 and they need 6, it just becomes a hassle making everyone happy.

Again, appriciate the input!

Moderators are welcome to delete this thread if they choose.

4. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To throw in my two cents before this thread is deleted, I would definitely say that IMO, the problem is with your Hosting packages. The SV plan is like giving 20 pieces of luggage to someone buying a Volkswagen Beetle (they won't fit) and the the 3V plan is like selling a Cadillac with a 5 gallon gas tank (great car but won't go far).

Just a quick analogy and I'm sure you get the point. ;)