The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ways of creating accounts to save memory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonathan_shutt, Feb 10, 2015.

1. jonathan_shutt

jonathan_shutt Registered

Feb 10, 2015
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

I'm thinking about ways of reducing the ram my sites are using. I've found a few discussions on tweaking cpanel settings to save memory, but my questions are more general

1: Do 'suspended' accounts use any memory? am I best terminating them?

2: Is it better to create a seperate account in the WHM for each website, or one account, with multiple addon domains?

3: does routing traffic through something like cloudflare reduce memory?

4: also - is there any way I can look at my list of accounts in WHM, and see which account is using the memory?

I'm not an expert in server tweaking, so I'm just looking for easy ways. If I can reduce my sites memory usage, I can downgrade and save money. However, if it's going to take hours to save a few mb, it's easier just to pay for the memory!
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

1. Suspended accounts should not contribute to memory usage because services are disabled for the account when it's suspended.

2. Most users prefer to create separate accounts for websites administered separately or websites that are unrelated. However, this should have no effect on the memory usage.

3. Please review CloudFlare's website for information about how it works and what performance gains are expected:

4. Do you have root access to this server? If so, you may want to consider using Cloud Linux for this purpose:

Cloud Linux

Thank you.