The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web Disk and Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blobs, Jul 18, 2010.

1. blobs

blobs Registered

Dear forum,

I am unsuccessfully trying to setup a webdisk and accessing the disk through the MacOS Finder in Snow Leopard (10.6.4). I noticed a previous post on this topic for Leopard but I seem unable to get this working.

This is what basically happens:
    1) I set up the webdisk in Cpanel
    2) Downloaded the WebDisk.app for MacOS 10.5+
    3) Unzipped the app, and ran it
    4) The app says: "Opening Web Disk at https://mydomain.com:2078 This may take a few moments."
    5) Then: "The server mydomain.com may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and then try again."
    6) Then: "Finder got an error: An error of type -36 has occurred."

This happens with both the secure and unsecured versions. Ports 2078 (SSL) or 2077 (non-SSL) will need to be allowed on your computer's firewall to use the Web Disk. My web hosting company tells me that the web disk service is in place for my domain, they running the latest CPanel and that they are able to connect to ports 2077 and 2078 themselves. My ISP claims they don't block any ports and the Mac Genius bar couldn't help.

I think it has to do with Snow Leopard. No idea how to open these ports in 10.6.4 as the firewall is application-based. Also unsuccessful when the firewall is off. Anyone have similar experiences? How to go about diagnosing?

#1 blobs, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. blobs

blobs Registered

Problem solved

Turned out to be a firewall problem at the webhost side. Problem solved.