The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web Host Management ~ Script

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottyuk, Mar 19, 2004.

1. scottyuk

scottyuk Member

Nov 23, 2003

Im designing a script, that uses phpAccounting, to do all the WHM functions, but it will have a admin panel, and register, validation, etc...

This will be for webhosts, it doesn't have billing yet, but its scheduled, for future versions.

I thought:

Web Host Management

Was a good name for it, as its for Web Hosts, and it holds user info, suspend, terminate, unsuspend in the admin panel, but my mate said, is it ok, with your copyright laws, as the account manager is Web Host Manager.

So i just wanna know if its ok to use Web Host Management, as the script name...

Scott ~ Accounts Dept.
    #1 scottyuk, Mar 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

Apr 7, 2006
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Copyright law does not apply to individual words. Trademark law does.

You are asking for a legal opinion in a general forum. I am not a lawyer and cannot guide you as such. cPanel, Inc. has a trademark on the term 'Webhost Manager' (

The similar term 'Web Host Management' might be construed as similar and confusing, especially if it refers to a product built on top of our software. I would suggest using a different term.