The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web hosting and bandwidth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RdHosting, Feb 6, 2005.

1. RdHosting

RdHosting Member

I've noticed a web account keep getting suspended but i asked around and i got told its because whm works out bandwidth per ip but this isnt very good for web accounts when they dont need a ip and it costs money for each ip.

so atm i have to give every web account there own ip which is pointless but the only way to see real bandwidth without seeing everyone elses.

Is there any work around for this, any way to get per user bandwidth for people using the same ip?

2. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

What? Whoever told you that didn't know what they were talking about... or their experience with WHM only goes as far as Bandmin.

WHM tracks bandwidth usage for Look under Account Information in WHM, then click on View Bandwidth Usage, and it'll show the you the bandwidth used by each of your accounts... (and they don't have to be on separate IPs.)

You need to use namebased hosting (not ip based hosting) as there is a shortage of IPv4 ips and not enough of them for everyone to use an ip per site. Only assign a dedicated ip to a site if they're using an SSL certificate (can only run one SSL cert per ip). You currently don't have a valid justification for your ip usage, so you shouldn't be able to get anymore.

3. RdHosting

RdHosting Member

ah ty i thought what they said was wrong

That was my dc who said that

Must be another reason why this account is getting suspended every few hours and it has next to nothing vistors?

4. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Sounds like they were getting bandmin and WHM confused. If you access bandmin to see the bandwidth usage on your server, bandmin only tracks bandwidth usage per IP address. WHM tracks it per domain/subdomain.