jerrybell

Nov 27, 2006
I am running cPanel 11.24.4-C33868 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9 on FreeBSD 6.2.

The night before last, the web logs stopped rotating (presumably after a cpanel SW update) - exim had stopped processing mail, too, but I fixed that by running the perl fix script and restarting exim.

Can you point me to the utility that cpanel uses to rotate them? I had thought it was newsyslog, but newsyslog doesn't have any references to the web server logs in the config file.

Thanks,

Jerry

jerrybell

Nov 27, 2006
I think I was able to solve the problem. Here is what I found:

My stats configuration page was showing that my server was having trouble keeping up with the load. I knew this was bogus (few sites, big honking server). I figured out that I can manually perform what cpanellogd does with the /scripts/runweblogs tool. When I did that, I got an error message that Cpanel/Cleanup.pm was not found.

After a bit of investigating, it appeared that cpanel had updated perl from 5.8.8 to 5.8.9. 5.8.8 had all of the right files that were missing, but 5.8.9 had none.

A quick google search suggested running the command: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkperlmodules
After that completed successfully, /scripts/runweblogs completes without compliant. I do not yet for certain that this will fix the the problem of auto rotating logs, but I suspect it will.