The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web site stats/logs - location in cPanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alohavoya, Jan 9, 2010.

1. alohavoya

alohavoya Registered

i have been with he same hosting company for 6 years now and I want to switch now as the service has deteriorated to incredibly low level.

when i asked to get the data for the visitors and other traffic related logs they refused to help stating this data is not available to the clients?!?

yet when i access this data through cpanel the awstats program (which is installed in cpanel) has no trouble displaying the information.

can anyone assist with some suggestions here? i am not the sharpest tool in the shed but i can tell when someone is making a fool out of me. it cannot be that the awstats can access my data and i can't.

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    They may think you are asking for all of the actual raw logs, which most likely they don't store for long at all. cPanel does let you look at some via cPanel.

As far as the awstats info check ~/tmp/awstats/ , that has your historical data.

3. alohavoya

alohavoya Registered

thanks

thanks John.

i did grab the data located in that dir but all i have is .txt files and was expecting extension other than txt.

since the new host also uses cpanel, would it be possible to just copy this data in that ~/tmp/awstats/ dir so it can continue logging or is this not possible.

i appreciate your fast reply

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If you generate a Full System Backup of the account it will contain all directories and files on the account. Restoring the account to the new server will restore everything back to where it belongs for you.

5. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Those are all the files you need *but* it is best to do the full backup as suggested above. That will make sure you get everything, to include the prior stats data.

6. alohavoya

alohavoya Registered

thx

thanx!

br