The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web sites not responding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wemnael, Oct 23, 2010.

1. wemnael

wemnael Member

I have a server and last version of cPanel installed on a VPS on it. Usually all sites are loading and everything works great. Occasionally, websites are no longer loading. I need to wait forever, and the browser does not return any error message. All sites responds in the same way: the loading bar is present but sites are not loading.

Please see those messages that I receive on e-mail:

imap failed @ Sat Oct 23 12:52:42 2010. A restart was attempted automagically.
    Service Check Method: [check command]

Cmd Service Check Raw Output: dovecot is not running

nameserver failed @ Sat Oct 23 12:52:42 2010. A restart was attempted automagically.

Cmd Service Check Raw Output: named is not running

spamd failed @ Sat Oct 23 00:38:25 2010. A restart was attempted automagically.

Cmd Service Check Raw Output: Spamd is not running

Receiving those messages it is not happening very often. The last with spamd , I get it more often.

I verified logs but didn't see anything relevant. What would be the cause of this random issues? Why my sites are not responding, since the load is good and I do not have any networking issues?

Thank you.

Victor

#1 wemnael, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    By your post it sounds to me like your server crashed. You should contact your VPS host for assistance with this. I'm not sure how much help a forum could be at this point.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can see if the machine did reboot using these commands:

Code:
    uptime
    last
    uptime gives the number of days the machine or instance has been up, while last lists a log of the reboots.

4. wemnael

wemnael Member

Thank you! I typed commands and I can see reboots. I wonder if it is a software crash because it happens sporadically (for several minutes), about once a day. As I said, sites responds in the same way: the loading bar freezes and sites are not loading. At that moment the server console can be used without problems and I can login in vSphere... If I restart cPanel service from command line everything is solved. I need to to this every time...