The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web Stats / Web Logs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sportbikes, Dec 31, 2003.

1. sportbikes

sportbikes Member

My site is exceeding the linux limit of 2GB for a log file in about 15days. I like awstats, but with cpanel, there is no way to rotate log files??

CP has a delete log file after running stats, but I need to keep the files for offline analysis, too.

Any suggestions?

Anyone else have high traffic sites have a weblog/stats solution??

Mike

2. Jemshi

Jemshi Well-Known Member

Make another entry for Customlog to your home directory. There you can install an awstats to analyze that log file :)

You will have to manually clear the file at times.

3. sportbikes

sportbikes Member

Jemshi - thanks! I thought of this breifly, but thought it would intterupt CPanles operations. Is this something that you have done??

To clarify and understand my concern...

- I'm assuming that you are referring to making any entry or change in the httpd.conf file. You are not stating that 2 sets of log should be kept for this virtuser (site). Is this correct?

- Is it possible to have 2 sets of logs per virtuser (site)?

- IF I was to disable/remove the default location that CP has setup in the httpd.conf file, won't that break CPs script to run stats when it tries to execute on that user?

- Would CP every try to re-write the conf file and set it back to its original default upon an update?

ANy insight would be helpful. The site is live and I didn't expect this issue, so don't have any place to test it.

Mike