The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webalizer & DNS Lookups

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by JustinK, Jan 24, 2003.

1. JustinK

JustinK Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2001
    Webalizer & DNS Lookups

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to globally shut of the webalizer reverse dns lookups. They consume far too much time especially for the larger sites.

I'm also interested in shutting off webalizer for certain sites, but the cpanellogd is configured in such a way that the only way to do it would be to globally shut webalizer off and then turn it on for individual sites instead of being able to turn it off for individual sites. I guess I'll have to take it up with the developers though. :)
  2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2001
    back woods of NC, USA
    You know I just about have my entire hosting configuration, control panel and setup finally like I like it and this very issue the the number one problem I have right now. IT woul dbe great to have a selection for webalizer , analog, awstats in each package or set by each domain. This single issue causes my loads to be 2.0 all day during peak times. If I kill it loads are almost nothing.

Nick about a way to configure what domains/packages get log programs? please??? pretty please???