The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webalizer Hangs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

For some reason, when Webalizer is running for a certain account (who uses around 25-30 GBs a month) it hangs. The other day I received an email saying the log files for his account has been maxed out for more than a 6 hour period. When they run it takes up 99% of one of the processors on the server. When I kill the process, it comes back so I kill it again, then Analog starts for his account so I kill that too.

I have several accounts on the server that are pushing 25 GBs+ per month and this is the only one that has problems. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I can do to keep it from hanging and using so much of the CPU?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

You can either have cPanel remove the log files after each log process, increase the amount of cpu's cPanel thinks your machine has and/or you may want to try removing the webalizer cache file.

As I think, you may also want to double check to make sure that webalizer has enough disk space to write the new stats to the users' account.

3. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

ciphervendor,

Thanks for your response. If I change the setting so cPanel will remove the log files after each log process, will it delete the access log located at /usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com? If so, what kind of problems would occur if they do not have their raw log file?

When I go to the Service Status page, cPanel shows there are 4 cpus next to Server Load, when there's 2. Do I need to change this setting? If so, where do I change it?

The account that was having problems had 350 MBs allotted to their account and were currently using 200 MBs, so I don't think the disk space was the problem.

4. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

That's correct, if you set that option the file at /usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com will be zeroed (deletd) nightly. The only bad thing that might come out of this is that your client won't be able to download their raw access logs for processing on their desktop machines.

under tweak settings in WHM, set the option "The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended (default 0):" to 6 and then as root execute: /usr/local/cpanel/startup

This will allow your machine to process stats even with an elevated load.

5. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

I changed my settings to what you recommended. When I ran the "/usr/local/cpanel/startup" command, I noticed it came up with "==> Start Melange Chat Services...". I disabled this feature in the Service Manager as I am not offering chat services and do not want it running.

Is there another way to disable it?