The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

webDAV woes...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by warrendekker, Jun 26, 2007.

1. warrendekker

warrendekker Member

I used Apple's "Dot Mac" service for a few years as a web host of sorts, but it is relatively expensive and does not allow for for users to use their own domain names. However, the webDAV features make it really easy for a bonehead like me to use. The site mounts like any other folder or disk on the desktop. It makes site management so easy.

I have tried, in vain, to work with other web hosting companies. However, none of the cPanel-using web hosts I have tried truly understands webDAV or can make it work for me. The song and dance is the same....I ask before signing up if the host supports webDAV. The host says yes. I sign up. After I sign up, I learn that webDAV wasn't installed on the server my site is on, or for other reasons webDAV doesn't work, and support can't get it to work. I abandon my efforts after a few weeks.

So, can anyone point me to a cPanel-using web host that actually understands webDAV, and can make it work for me?

Thanks.

2. hostmedic

hostmedic Well-Known Member

Washington Court House, Ohio, United States
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    webdav... cPanel11 coming soon

we have been successful in adding webdav - however we only host non-profits and churches.
    The good news is this

The latest version of cPanel coming out (actually in release tree now) works very very well with WEB Dav.

Our Mac / linux and Windows tests have all gone well.

I believe this will help you find many hosts once cPanel 11 goes mainstream... I hate to say give it a few weeks - but 11 is pretty close.

:eek:

3. warrendekker

warrendekker Member

Thanks, Hostmedic, for the kind reply.

So....Hostmedic supports webDAV, but my interests are not as a church or non-profit...any other cPanel-using-hosts out there supporting webDAV??

Thanks

cPanel-J

4. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

We support WebDAV at all of our hosting brands where I'm at and have
    been fully using Cpanel 11 with Apache 2 full production since last year.

5. warrendekker

warrendekker Member

I've dropped you an e-mail. Thanks.

cpanel-j (aka RJ)

6. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Just got your email! Will reply from there. :cool:

7. HaveHost

HaveHost Member

Hello:

If I could followup with this thread - I've recently upgraded to cPanel 11 and I am not able to upload to the web disk space via iCal nor am I able to access the web disk from the Finder...

This is causing much confusion as 99% of my clients are on Macs and were all, very keen on this cpanel upgrade... Up to this point, the techs where I lease my dedi from, have been manually adding a webshare folder for each and those all work.

Any ideas???

8. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Have you opened the correct ports in your firewall?

9. HaveHost

HaveHost Member

I too have been having issues with cpanel 11 - and am mainly hosting mac clients. My techs this morning told me this:

"... cpanel does not provide any interface or installation for it, we have to manually configure apache to work with it. The cpanel 11 version has many restrictions like apache configuration cannot be modified manually which may affect its proper working.

If you still need it, we can configure it for you. But apache or cpanel updates should not be regularly done or it should be done very carefully so that things go smoothly."

So, now what?

Any suggestions?