The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webdisk Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sHyuAn, Dec 5, 2009.

1. sHyuAn

sHyuAn Registered

Hi,

Webdisk on my Window XP (Previously) and Window Vista (Currently using) were both working fine. Till mid of November, I couldn't access it anymore. So, I thought I could just delete the webdisk from My Computer and follow the "Manual connection instructions " add http://www.mydomain.com:2077 again. I even download the patch mentioned under the "Notes: If you experience problems connecting to webdisk when using Windows Vista®, click here for the patch.". But, it failed. It keeps saying "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another.". I also tried adding cPanel demo webdisk. The same thing happened. Then I go back to my Window XP laptop, tried adding its webdisk. Not working too. I already submit a ticket to my webhost, however, it is still in progress. They could have find no solutions too.:(

2. sHyuAn

sHyuAn Registered

cPanel admins, do you have any idea?:confused:

3. dTwins

dTwins Registered

It's microsoft.

cPanel's WebDAV features don't work with Vista or 7. To access cPanel's folders on windows, you can use the "add network location" wizard and specify an FTP account to make this work: ftp://user@domain.com:21, rather than https://user@webFolder.domain.com:2078.

Alternatively, you can use a real WebDAV product such as BitKinex at bitkinex.com (recently became free license software).

4. sHyuAn

sHyuAn Registered

Hi dTwins, it works.. thanks a lot! :D:)

5. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider