Webdisk Suddenly Stop Working

varun7952

Registered
May 23, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,
i m using windows xp sp3 and suddenly my webdisk folder stop working so i delete that folder now i m trying to make new webdisk folder (via quick script from cpanel) but my system wont let me create it its comes up with an error

"internet explorer could not open (URL) as a web folder "

and when i click yes or no for default view instead it says

there was a problem connection to webdisk please make sure ports 2078 and 2077 are not firewalled

things i tried so far

disable my zone alarm firewall

tried all the steps on microsoft website
reinstall webfldrs.msi
download patch
Manually register the OLEDB files

but still its not working its still says same thing "internet explorer could not open(URL) as a web folder "
please help me guys

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011

varun7952

Registered
May 23, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi thank you for your reply
yes i download web folder update from microsoft and i also tried all methods to solve my issue but no luck its was still like that i was doing google from past week but i solved this by myself i m using windows xp service pack 3 and IE 6 i tried everything but nothing was working now i open windows update panel and its shows me some update like .net files IE8 some security updates and more
after finishing updating it start working again as before i think its cuz of IE 8 Update

thankyou for your reply

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I am happy to see the issue is now resolved. Note that as InfoPro mentioned, it's likely a good idea to upgrade to a newer operating system as soon as possible to avoid issues like this in the future.

Thank you.