The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webdisk support files?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfall123, Nov 30, 2007.

1. jfall123

jfall123 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2005
    I have a client trying to use Webdisk on a Windows 98 machine and is getting the following error when opening the .vbs file:

"File name or class name not found during Automation operation: 'GetObject' Code: 800A01B0 Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error"

I've searched high and low for an answer, and have came up empty. There doesn't seem to be a lot of documentation out there for Webdisk.

I can run it fine on my XP machine, I assume that the client is missing something from their 98 install that allows them to run vbscripts. Any idea what extra files are required to run Webdisk on a Windows 98 box?

And yes, they are choosing the Webdisk for Windows 98 in the cPanel drop down box.
  2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

Apr 7, 2006
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Since the problem computer is running Windows 98, there could be all sorts of issues raised running the script. The simplest method might be to have your customer create his own connection using the Web Folders feature of Windows 98. There should be a wizard that will walk him through doing this, all he needs to provide is the access details.

For example, he would need to input the fully-qualified domain name, including protocol, (e.g. to connect to, his cPanel user name and password in the appropriate fields in the wizard.

It's been a long time since I've used that feature, but if you continue to have problems with it, I'll dig up an old Windows 98 computer and have a go - just post here to let me know.