The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

webhost access on my server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Niteflyer, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Niteflyer

Niteflyer Registered

I am very new to all this adn I am trying to setup a forums site.
    I secured a server and the company sent me the user id and password for the server .

i am paying VB to install VB t the site but they said i need to make sure certain things are updated before they install.
    Problem is,the password that was sent to me allows me to enter cpanel but not webhost panel and webhost panel is where i update apache and stuff,right?
    The Vb guys said it may not work cause the hosting company may have set everything up and its not needed on my end but i need to make sure it was.
    I have tried to contact Katz to no avail to find out if its ok to insatll VB as is.
    I know there is alot of questions here in one post,but please be patient as i am very new to this and have no clue where to go from here.

any help would be appreciated,Niteflyer

also they need to know mysql server.mysql username,mysqlpassword,and mysqldatabase name but katz only sent me,ftp sever,ftp server name and ftp password.Are they the same?

#1 Niteflyer, Apr 18, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  2. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

I don't think your going to get too many responses, so I'll start you out. If your host didn't give you root access to WHM, I can only assume that they are managing your server. If this is the case, have them run the updates. If not, they owe you the root password, so you'll need to create a support request with the provider. You could try to log in via SSH just in case they did send you the root password and there is a problem with WHM, but that's not very likely. Additionally, if your provider isn't managing the server you should be hiring someone for that function since your new to leasing servers.