The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WebHost Toolbox

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by revoshift, Jun 15, 2004.

1. revoshift

revoshift Well-Known Member

Good Evening
    I am here to tell you about a new piece of software which is soon to be avaliable as Freeware. This is a toolbox which allows easy access to things like your control panel, (Features the ability to launch 3 different control panels (cPanel, Ensim and Helm, more will be added with demand) and store login details for each).

Also there is the ability to login into you favorite billing management program, we currently only support ClientExec but more will be added if we have enough requests)

Also there is the ability to shrink down to the system tray, this allows quick access as there is even the ability to launch the control panel of your choice, just by right clicking on the system tray icon and selecting which control panel you wish to launch.

Finally the software includes the ability to have it open your microsoft access database at the touch of a button. All you need to do is rename the database to clientdatabase.mdb and place it in the softwares folder and this feature is ready to go.

This is a screenshot of what we have so far
    http://www.revoshift.com/demo.jpg

We are currently looking for some beta testers, (there is no limit to how many beta testers) who are willing to test this software.
    Criteria:
    1) Control Panel Beta Tester - Must use either cPanel, Helm or Ensim,
    2) Billing System Beta Tester - Must use ClientExec

As we have not found any bugs in this software as yet we are more concerned with what internet browsers are compatible, we already know that the software works with Internet Explorer but is incompatible with Mozilla FireFox (some features work with Mozilla Firefox, but not all due to the way some of the intergrations with the software work)

With more features being added all the time this piece of software could turn out to be very popular, as a way of keeping this software as Freeware we are looking for people to offer sponsorship, if you are interested in that email jon@revoshift.com
    Please note sponsors must be in place before release date or they will have to wait till next release for their button to be added into the rotation on main menu and to the sponsors page of the program

Jonathan
    jon@revoshift.com

#1 revoshift, Jun 15, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry to hear that Firefox is not supported.

3. revoshift

I know FireFox is a amazing browser and i am going to work on a fix, but to me this is a great piece of software with that being its only flaw,

Jonathan

4. sawbuck

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Agree with you. From the description it sounds very interesting and especially freeware. So in the tradition of open source, firefox support will be welcomed.

5. revoshift

Because of the custom encryption method used by this program i cant make it open source as i may plan on using this encryption method in commercial programs in the future

Jonathan

6. LP-Trel

LP-Trel Well-Known Member

Perhaps use a different encryption method? I am quite sure there are many GPLed encryption implementations available. :)

7. revoshift

Sorry it will not become open source because of the implications of security. I am looking to get another programmer on board to help me with the softwares development. If you are interested in this please contact me. (I need someone to see if they can develop a plugin for FireFox to allow compatibility)

I have got the software almost complete, and it will be released here first (partially due to the delay in producing the softwares website). I will produce 2 installers, 1 which is for those with .Net framework already installed, another for those without the .Net framework.

This software should be released within a day or 2, if you have a billing system or control panel not mentioned that you wish to be integrated please post here with requests, as many requests as possible will be followed

Jonathan

#7 revoshift, Jun 16, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  8. revoshift

9. revoshift

Exclusive patch
    This is a exlusive patch for the cPanel website, this is here 3 days before it will be on our website, just replace the current exe with this one and youll be all set, this patch allows custom ports to be used in cpanel

Jonathan

Attached Files:

10. sawbuck

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for posting this.

11. revoshift

Come to this forum first for all the latest updates, im still looking for some sponsors if anyone is interested, also i need someone experience with visual basic .net programming to join the programming team as i want to add a few features that i am unable to add on my own. (Such as a built in email client)

Jonathan

12. WebOnce

WebOnce Well-Known Member

Hrm, no offence, but MS has proven time and time again... closed source != better security :)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

13. revoshift

well with MS its the fact that windows has the vunerabilitys and its just the source being got hold of allows people to find them easier, as this program has no vunerabilitys (that i know of) thats not a problem.
    2 reasons i wont go open source are:
    1) someone could edit source and release a hacked version with a piece of spyware built in, i dont believe in spyware
    2) someone could come along, steal the source and improve it and release it to make money out of, this software i will just have a donation button on the website once its complete, i wont make any fixed charge

Jonathan

14. revoshift

The software is currently being translated into Português, we would like to thank efeito.net for their help with getting the program translated, without them it wouldnt have been possible, if you are able to help translate this program into:
    French
    Spanish
    German
    Please contact jon@revoshift.com to receive a excel file which you can use to enter the translations into, (The english language version is included in the excel file). This can then be used for me to create a version in that language. Please note versions other than english may slightly differ in features, the core features are the same but the GUI may have slight alterations due to language differences to allow ease of use for user.

Jonathan

15. revoshift

Português Translation Patch 0.9
    Here is a patch which you need to place in the directory of the WebHost Launcher replacing the current WebHost Launcher.exe with the one included in this .zip, This is using the translated text provided by Efeito.net, if you find any errors please notify me at jon@revoshift.com

Jonathan

Attached Files:

16. revoshift

We are almost ready to launch the software, the software now has both ModernBill support, its GUI is being updated as this is being posted, our website is almost built.
    BUT
    We have found that the website could do with a little bit of work so if your a webdesigner who can do some work on the site in exchange for a text link at the bottom of site saying you made it i would be greatful

Jonathan

17. revoshift

Hi
    Release is on Monday, i need to know whether people would want to have the program to have a built in web browser, this would remove the worry of incompatibility with the internet browsers,

Jonathan

18. revoshift

here is a screenshot of what could be the built in web browser

Jonathan

Attached Files:

• web.jpg
      File size:
      111 KB
      Views:
  19. sawbuck

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  20. revoshift

thats very different, thats similar to the cpanel launcher i once made, this is more powerful, uses better encryption and is always in development