The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

webhostonnet.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hir0, Jan 8, 2004.

1. hir0

hir0 Registered

Hi,

Is anyone else here hosted by WebHostOnNet.com? They've been down for over 36 hours and all the email is bouncing and support is not accessible.

I know it's not on posting this here, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to get hold of my database that's on their servers. My last back-up is 4 weeks old.

Anyone have an IP address for their servers so I can try and access cPanel there and try to get my DB dumped?

Thanks for your help.

Andy

2. Dreamer

Dreamer Well-Known Member

Here's the IP: 65.19.143.79

But it's completely down.

3. hir0

hir0 Registered

I can access an OLD version of my site here:
    http://jane.onefuse.com/~rochanc/fa
    and some of their servers are accessable by IP (my friends site is complete and up to date but his URL won't resolve), but I can't find an IP that hosts my complete site.

Just clutching at straws... :(

Thanks for the reply...

4. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

Though we keep daily, weekly and monthly backups of all customer sites we still highly recommend that customers do their backups to local systems. Even though we don't plan to have a datacenter explosion there is always chances of anything in the technology world and it protects you from having 4 week old backups.

If they are using Cpanel try and access it via the 2082 and 2083 ports as it sometimes will run even though the main web is down.

5. hir0

hir0 Registered

I've sure learned my lesson re: backups.

No luck with accessing the cpanel ports on any of the IP addresses I already have. Good thought though, thanks for that.

I'm resigned to the fact that I've lost the 4 weeks of forum postings... hopefully my users will understand, especially the 15 that have been lost.

Thanks for the ideas guys. At least I've found a useful forum out of the experience!

Cheers,

Andy