The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weblog Stats Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rfdeshon, Jul 8, 2008.

1. rfdeshon

rfdeshon Member

Hi, I have a rather odd problem on a dedicated server.

Basically, web stats are running fine on all except one domain on this server. I tried running the stats by hand using /scripts/runweblogs <account> however this hangs at Update status for /var/cpanel/bandwidth/<account>-all.rrd: (5754) and never goes any further. As I said, all other accounts work just fine, just one account does this. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Does anyone have any ideas on where to look to troubleshoot or fix this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

Maybe a permissions error on the logs. Using strace on /scripts/runweblogs $account will point you in the right direction to why it is hanging. ALternatively, you can submit a support ticket and we'll take a look. See my signature for the submission link and please update this thread with the solution. Thanks.

3. rfdeshon

rfdeshon Member

According to strace, runweblogs is waiting on a cpanellogd process that it forks to end. According to ps though, this is the process: cpanellogd - Waiting for proper hour to setup logs.

Am I wrong to think that it should be running regardless of the time since I'm specifically telling it to run now? Is there a way to force it to run?

4. DaveUsedToWorkHere

It will not run during the defined black hours. You can configure log processing hours in WHM under 'statistics software configuration'. They are also in /var/cpanel/cpanel.config as BLACKHOURS= I believe.

5. rfdeshon

rfdeshon Member

Thanks for the help. FYI... there is no BLACKHOURS option in that conf file, I did find the blackhours through WHM though. I'm not going to mess with that on this box since it belongs to a customer. I'll just wait til tomorrow and see if it ran properly or not. Thanks for the help.

6. rfdeshon

rfdeshon Member

Okay, so I looked at it this morning. It seems that it's not recognizing that the cpanellogd process has exited. According to the strace, it is still waiting for that pid to exit yet, according to ps, that pid no longer exists. Any ideas?

7. DaveUsedToWorkHere

/scripts/runweblogs simply calls cpanellogd so there shouldn't be an issue. If you can open up a ticket, we'll track it down, I can't say what the issue is offhand.

Correction: BLACKHOURS can be set in /etc/stats.conf. My apologies, I was not in a position to check when I responded.