The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail confusion

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bschmitt, Sep 25, 2006.

1. bschmitt

bschmitt Registered

I'm trying to figure out how users can get access to webmail. These are non-shell accounts. There are multiple websites on the server at the same IP. To begin with, I set up an account as websitex with a domain of websitex.com. That can login as websitex with the password I set and look at either squirrelmail or horde. Then I added a mailing address as userx, so the email address is userx@websitex.com. When I try to login to www.websitex.com/webmail, I'm prompted for an ID and a password. I've tried userx and userx@websitex.com and neither one is recognized.

Also, and it may be related, is there a way for a user of that type to change their own password?

Thanks,

Bill

2. hergy80

hergy80 Well-Known Member

You log in with the full e-mail address and password. After logging in, there is a link on the bottom of the window to change passwords. You can reset a password if someone changed it and forgot what it was by going into the site's mail accounts. There is a "reset (or change) password" button next to the e-mail address.

3. bschmitt

bschmitt Registered

Thanks. I think I had another tab open to cpanel with the administrator ID so it was apparently getting confused. Once I closed everything and started over it worked fine.

Thanks, again.

4. angelina_holy

angelina_holy Well-Known Member