The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail Direct Links

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by belindaj, Jul 28, 2003.

1. belindaj

belindaj Member

Specifically - My clients are moving from a Plesk CP to Cpanel CP - on Plesk we had and have become accustomed to Horde webmail - which is directly reached at each individual domain account via webmail.domain.com

I can't figure out whether it's possible to duplicate this address now that we are moving to cpanel - all I have been able to figure out is to use http://domain.com:2095 - but that gets the user to the screen with all three webmail options and the confusion of different logon methods.

webmail.domain.com?
    neomail.domain.com?
    squirrel.domain.com?

Help?

I've been through the Cpanel support forums (reading so far) and can't find exactly the answers I am looking for yet.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. sqsisa

sqsisa Well-Known Member

3. belindaj

belindaj Member

Yes, but that still gives THREE webmail choices - neomail, horde & squirrrel.

All are substantially different.

It's hard enough subjecting my established clients to a server move, control panel move, etc - I'd like to give them at least SOME comfort level.

They have used webmail.domain.com to get to their Horde mail for over a year. These are not conputer savvy people - the less confusion the better (I don't mean that in a put-down manner - it's just a fact)

4. sqsisa

sqsisa Well-Known Member

If you disable neomail and sqmail in WHM, do they still show up as choices under domain.com/webmail ?

I dont think they do. I do not have neomail enabled, and I just checked an account by domain.com/webmail

Neomail is not listed. You can also do a 3rd party installation of sqmail and make it domain.com/whatever alias you decide/

5. belindaj

belindaj Member

How do I disable neo & squirrel?

Forgive me if this is listed elsewhere - I have used the search, I have read four other forums endlessly this weekend while I waited for my registration to get out of the moderator queue, and I have not come across this how-to.

I am very discouraged right now because I can't find the anwers I need to get my servers migrated to my new host successfully - I have read so much documentation and so many specific forums my head is ready to burst. (But I can't allow it to, because I STILL won't get my servers moved if I take time to lay down an dhave a pity party!)

6. sqsisa

sqsisa Well-Known Member

WHM > Server Setup > Tweek Settings (Look at the items in the list 10, 11, 12. They are not numbered :D )

7. belindaj

belindaj Member

thank you.

You have no idea how much I appreciate a short, simple, to the point answer at this moment.

Regardless of how I "should have already found that" :)

I think I love you. Should I send brownies?

8. sqsisa

sqsisa Well-Known Member

Welcome to the cPanel jungle. :eek: