The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail for Mobile phones

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by xavierkca, Apr 2, 2006.

1. xavierkca

xavierkca Active Member

Is there an addon or something that I can install on my CPanel so I can access my email on my CellPhone. It has the web capabilities but the standard browser feature but it the current options doesn't support mobile phones easily.

Xavier

2. elleryjh

elleryjh Well-Known Member

There are several webmail programs that allow WAP (phone) access. They will connect to the POP or IMAP server that stores your mail and show it to you on your phone.

One is http://www.dominion-web.com/products/w-mail/
    I have no experience with it, but it's the first one I came across.

Also, you could search for "WAP email" on hotscripts.com or resourceindex.com

You will probably have to have some PHP experience to install these.

For a no-brainer solution, forward (a copy of?) all your mail to a gmail or yahoo address. Both gmail and yahoo have mobile access.

3. xavierkca

xavierkca Active Member

I thank you for the w-mail script... I will probably give it a shot. I was hoping for something to integrate into cpanel instead of an outside option. I've tried the gmail/yahoo option, but isn't the same and in all honesty a poor substitute. Again I think you for the temporary resolution until cpanel comes up with a good addon.

Xavier