The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail for website users

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ClayW, Mar 3, 2004.

1. ClayW

ClayW Registered

Is there a way to setup Webmail for website viewers.. For example, I am setting up a webpage for my volunteer fire company.. www.ceciltonvfd.com And I want the member of the company to get their own email address and be able to check it from the webmail.. They only way I see now is by going to domain.com/webmail and logging on as the admin..

Any and all help would be great!, I would even give you credit on the website for helping me!! :)

Thanks Guys..

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Individual POP accounts can log in by just going to domain.com/webmail and log in with the full email address and password.

3. ClayW

ClayW Registered

Thanks!! Is there anyway were you can set it up to just offer one of the webmail clients instead of offering the the option to pick from the 3 ? Like If if I just wanted to offer them Squirrel Mail to keep everyone's the same ?

4. rebwarz

rebwarz Registered

Go into the main WHM and click on "Tweak Settings" go down till you see the check boxes for the 3 webmail services.

5. bear

bear Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you don't want to disable the other mail programs, but just want the users to log directly into Squirrel (for example), give them this link (changing the obvious):
    https://ip.of.account.here:2083/3rdparty/squirrelmail/index.php

If you didn't want them to have to type all that in, you might consider a ModRewrite to take something like "MyMail" and redirect to that URL. That way they enter 'domain.com/MyMail', and it goes straight to the squirrel login...well, the http auth login, anyway.

6. dory36

dory36 Well-Known Member

Any change of an example of the code for doing this?

Bill