The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

webmail horde errors and emails not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by newbieiguess, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. newbieiguess

    newbieiguess Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    When you login into webmail using HORDE no new emails appear, when you click on
    FOLDERS it shows the INBOX folder and when expanded shows:

    courierpop3dsizelist
    cur
    new
    tmp

    The new emails go into NEW folder but its hard to read them.

    also

    I have made several test sending email to every account on our server from
    hotmail, gmail, etc and they are not getting into our inbox, they get stuck
    into the mail queue manager,

    in the Mail Troubleshooter section i have put one of our emails and did not
    show the route of the mail.

    when clicked the 'deliver now' link besides an email this shows:

    email@domain.com R=virtual_user T=virtual_userdelivery defer (-7):
    mailbox /home/domain/mail/domain.com/email/inbox has the wrong mode
    640 (660 expected)


    any idea how to fix this?
     
  2. madaboutlinux

    madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2005
    Messages:
    1,052
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Earth
    The error clearly suggest that the inbox file has 640 permissions. You will have to change the permissions for the inbox to 660.
    1) Login to server.
    2) cd /home/domain/mail/domain.com/email/
    3) chmod 660 inbox

    OR execute a script :-
    /scripts/mailperm << this should fix the permission problem.

    and try to send the email again.
     
  3. nickn

    nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2003
    Messages:
    619
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    This looks like a botched mbox->maildir conversion. I would suggest rerunning the conversion (/scripts/convert2maildir).

    Please make sure you're using the latest CURRENT at least.

    Thank you.
     
Loading...

Share This Page