The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

webmail issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dannielco, Mar 15, 2010.

1. dannielco

dannielco Member

Hello
    I am running cPanel 11.25.0-S43473 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9 on CENTOS 5.4 x86_64 server and i get Internal server error when i try to access http://domain.com/webmail but sometimes it works if I access http://domain.com:2095 or 2096.
    I need there to run fixeverything script and restart apache on the server. I had to do this twice in the last two days and this drives me crazy. My customers also compliant about this. Is there any solution for this?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You might want to check your Redirection settings in WHM > Tweak Settings > Redirection settings, to be sure things are set as you'd like them to be there. Just guessing that something there might need changed.

3. nimrodx

nimrodx Active Member

4. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Might want to try these two:
    Code:
    # /scripts/autorepair net_smtp_fix
    # /scripts/fixcommonproblems

Webmail relies on Cpanel's internal PHP so might try rebuilding that:
    Code:
    # makecpphp

Doesn't hurt to follow with a Cpanel update ...
    Code:
    # /scripts/upcp

If I saw your system logs, I could probably make a bit more direct assessment of things but running the above should probably take care of the issue for you.

5. dannielco

dannielco Member

Thanks all of you,
    @infopro, the redirect settings are default.
    @nimrodx, we don't use proxy
    @spiral, i'll try what you suggest but it seems the issue appears after every cpanel update.

6. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

In that case, one additional suggestion --- Lose the "STABLE"!

Change your update tree to "CURRENT" and run a Cpanel update and see if that helps you out any.

As a side incidental footnote, I don't recommend STABLE anyway irregardless as it is much too far behind on updates to the point of having it's own set of problematic issues. RELEASE should be considered as the absolute bare bones minimum, CURRENT would be the most preferred for just about everyone, and EDGE and BETA I would reserve just more for those who are more expert capable and very comfortable with diagnosing and resolving issues on their own.

(Anyway though, I suspect you may possibly have a permission bug I identified in servers running STABLE tree a few months ago and causes almost exactly some of the issues you just described especially including the dying webmail after cpanel updates included)