Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

webmail issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by cha0tic, Mar 20, 2007.

1. cha0tic

cha0tic Member

oi! lately the server has been a myriad of headaches :D

latest problem is with webmail

whenever a client tries to access squirrel mail, they get:

ERROR
    Error opening ../data/default_pref
    Could not create initial preference file!
    /home/arachnid/.sqmaildata/ should be writable by user arachnid
    Please contact your system administrator and report this error.

---------------------------------------

whenever they try to access horde, they get:

Warning: main(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32002 is not allowed to access /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php//PEAR.php owned by uid 0 in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/core.php on line 45

Warning: main(PEAR.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/core.php on line 45

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'PEAR.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib:/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/:.') in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/core.php on line 45

Warning: main(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32002 is not allowed to access /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php//Log.php owned by uid 0 in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/Horde.php on line 3

Warning: main(Log.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/Horde.php on line 3

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'Log.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib:/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/:.') in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/Horde.php on line 3

---------------------------------------

at first I thought it was because i turned on php safe mode, so i turned it off, no difference.. i tried repair mail permissions, also no difference.. any suggestions ?

2. ajishcheeran

ajishcheeran Member

/scripts/fullhordereset
    /scripts/upcp --force

3. david510

david510 Well-Known Member

For the error Error opening ../data/default_pref, Check if the following file is present on the server. If not, copy it from another server.

/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/data/default_pref

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...