The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail Issues for twice transferred account

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jchavezb, Jan 20, 2005.

1. jchavezb

jchavezb Member

I ran into the same problem on a domain that I transferred from Ensim twice. I first transferred it, then removed it, then transferred again once the client was ready. I used the multiple account copy script from WHM 9.9.9 cPanel 9.9.9-S15 .

At this point, none of the 3 webmail systems (NeoMail, Horde, Squirrelmail) allowed a transferred user in this domain to login. They could login to the main webmail screen but not into any particular webmail system.

After inspecting the mail directories I noticed that all the mail folders were ONLY in the directory:
    /home/domain_admin_name/mail

I compared that to other accounts on my server which had them in the directory:
    /home/domain_admin_name/mail/domain_name_dot_com/

So I created the /home/domain_admin_name/mail/domain_name_dot_com/ directory and copied the mail folders to that level and set permissions.

At this point, the clients could get into NeoMail only but Horde and Squirrelmail still wouldn't authenticate.

I read almost every post in the forums relating to this. I have pretty much done:

upgrade RHEL
    upgrade Cpanel
    rebuild Apache
    force upgrade Cpanel
    restart exim
    removed /usr/sbin/imapd and copied in cpanels 3rd party impad
    restarted imap (inetd)

The users still aren't able to login to horde or webmail.

I think I'm getting a little desperate since I seem to be running out of options. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    jchavezb

#1 jchavezb, Jan 20, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  2. ozarkhost

ozarkhost Active Member

Just a thought have you run Rebuild/Fix Mail Dbs/Boxes in whm>

3. jchavezb

jchavezb Member

Yes, tried that also. Sorry, forgot to add it in mylist.

4. jchavezb

jchavezb Member

After looking at this post and adding a new account, the others showed up in CPanel and users were able to login. I am also on 9.9.9 -S15 (stable).

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=33208&highlight=email+transfer

However, 2 new issues:

1) In the squirrelmail folder subscribe list box, the user has the option to add every elses mailboxes and folders in addition to public html directories.

2) These transferred accounts are able to send email succesfully but not receive email.

I will follow up on these to further but if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post.

Thanks.

5. sloop

sloop Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I had this same problem (unable to get into squirrelmail, didnt try the others).

After you have moved the mailboxes to /home/username/mail/domain.com/mailname, then you need to edit /home/username/etc/domain.com/passwd and change the home directories for the users. it will be /home/username and you need to change it to /home/username/mail/domain.com/mailusername for each mail user that you transferred from ensim.