The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail issues

Discussion in 'Security' started by norbert_ds, Jun 18, 2008.

1. norbert_ds

norbert_ds Registered

Hi all,

I am designing my companies website and webmail service and have signed up for a SHARED HOSTING PLAN. I am not a reseller.

I have been browsing through this forum and I see a lot of CPanels users have the same problem as me, i.e. when they use the URL mydomain.com/webmail, they get a popup window asking them for a username which MUST be in the form of something@mydomain.com and password, both of which look very unprofessional although its there for a reason.

However all soloutions given seem to be for resellers or dedicated servers with cpanel.

Can anyone help me out with this issue as my web hosting provider has no clue or solution for this problem?

Regards
    Norbert

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Your host is the only one that can help you with this. If he choose to he could disable the password protection (the popup window) easy enough. It is a security measure though, and most don't seem to mind it, IMHO. For example if you use gmail notifier, you use the same process to login into gmail.

3. norbert_ds

norbert_ds Registered

Thanks for your reply infopro,

How about not having to put the @mydomain.com.au at the time of logging in?

Regards
    Norbert

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Well, it is email we're talking about right? Email in your own email client (outlook, etc) require the full email address as well. It's email, not a website login. This is just the way its done.