The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

webmail login and creating user accounts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by aeryn, Dec 7, 2005.

1. aeryn

aeryn Registered

Good afternoon! Newbie here, I am trying to find a script that will allow my users to go directly into the Horde mail inbox after they have logged onto the site without having to also go through the Horde login page. Is this possible?

Also, is it possible to set up the cpanel so that members can automatically get their email account and password when they register, without having to have the administrator go into the cpanel and add the user account in Mail?

Thanks for hte help,

Susan

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

As to the first question: search these forums. That question has been asked and answered to death ;)

As for the second, there isn't functionality built into cPanel to automate email account generation upon main account creation. That having been said, it is possible to use the cPanel account name as an email address. For instance, if you create a cPanel account with username 'pdiddy' and the domain is 'uhhuh.com', then technically you can use pdiddy@uhhuh.com as an email address.

Further emails must be created either by third-party script or by hand.

FWIW, I don't recommend to my users that they use that "main" email account, but create regular email accounts.

3. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    #3 dalem, Dec 7, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  4. aeryn

aeryn Registered

Thanks for the help. And I did look through the forum before posting my first question, but did not find or see anything. Also did a search.