The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail login page and customize webmail server installation

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by patelbhavin8008, Apr 30, 2011.

1. patelbhavin8008

Hi,

i am new to the c-panel and just now signed up for hosting plan. It is my shared hosting with cpanel and i have dedicated IP and SSL purchased on it. It is already installed.

I want to guide to have some customization. First i want to ask can i install any mail server in my hosting webspace. I would like to install Axigen or Xeam mail server. But it is installed with .rpm file so how can i do the installation of .rpm file.

And second thing is that can i customize webmail login page which i find default in cpanel when i access webmail.mywebsite.com. And this page will be login page of the mail server i install or webmail client like new horde 4 which is also i found it cool in graphics and interface. Also if i install horde 4 webmail client then can i use admin process like create account and update account directly from horde.

Request for help...

Regards,

Bhavin

2. SamWin

SamWin Registered

Hello Bhavin,

You have mentioned that you host your accounts on a shared server.
    On a shared server you get access to only your web space and all packages, templates are designed by hosting provider.
    You can not customize your account without their permission as you do not have access to it. You can not setup mail server other than that is provided by your hosting provider. You will have to first confirm with your hosting provider whether or not they provide the mail server which you are looking for.
    If you want lots of customization like selection of mail server, customization in say PHP, MySQL, different features then you will have to consider a vps or dedicated server as you get unrestricted access to it.

3. devendradb

devendradb Member

Hi Bhavin,
    1. Try installing RoundCube (roundcube.net) quite good webmail interface.
    2. You can have your own login page. design login form as per your requirement of graphics. in form add
    Code:
    <form method='POST' action='login.php'>
    in login.php file add the code as follows
    Code:
    $u = $_POST['username'];
    $pw = $_POST['password'];
    $port = 2095; 
    $protocol = 'http://';
    $ss="@domain.com";//change domain.com as your actual domain
    $un = $u.$ss;
    $domain = 'domain.com';//same here
    $redirectlocation = $protocol.$domain.':'.$port.'/login/?user='.$un.'&pass='.$pw;
      header ("Location: ".$redirectlocation);
    This will redirect to cpanel webmail.

3. To create email-ids, delete email-ids or change password or quota of email you have to use cpanel xml api instead always logging to cpanel backend.

I hope this is needful to you.